Sunday, February 15, 2015

Busy Busy

Hi everyone. How are you all?

I'm good..still busy and that is fantastic but I'm also being very good and have started to have weekends off..family time.  I will never look back at the end of my days and say 'Wow, I wish I had worked harder and hadn't spent so much time with my family' will I?
 Nope: not a chance.

Now, the winner of the free chart is ....Lynda
Lynda, please email me on stitchersanon@yahoo.com with your choice of chart..Dickens Bleak House quote or the Valentines chart.


Workwise, there are several new releases, including the Halloween SAL chart which I forgot about but have corrected now. Thank you JustinesXStitch for stitching the model for me. It looks lovely. 






And I now stock more of Jodyri's beautiful threads which I have put into sets (because I get confuzzled easier and this works out cheaper and easier to organise!

And if someone buys a set of threads from me, they get a free pdf monochrome chart, a series which is growing rapidly.  I love the idea of negative space so that provides a lot of inspiration. I've also updated some of the older designs.  The lacy finish was inspired literally by a piece of lace which was sitting on my desk waiting to be put away.  One of these charts is available as a free pdf chart with any thread order xxxx





And I finally got my logo designed professionally, and the lady who did it included my little swallow.

I love swallows: when I would visit my family in Norfolk, we knew summer was there when the swallows arrived.  And well, an itsy bitsy bird..and a huge, huge journey..something I think we can all relate to at times.  What do you think? Do you like it?


Simple, clean and bright. Perfect I think!

Right, enough about work!
My daughter is doing very well: it's a bit scary because of her diabetes but she seems to be handling everything well.

We are putting together and parcel for her, me and my MIL (who will be a great granny when this baby arrives).  I think we are more excited about this baby than my DD is lol.

I wanted to crochet a baby blanket, a slightly bigger one for the cot but being new to crochet it was a bit of a dilemma.  Jo, my fb friend suggested a corner to corner pattern..and wow, I love it!  My daughter wanted neutral (aka not turning my baby into a marshmallow in her words) so I went for cream, a very light brown and sneaked some pink in as well.  I've run out of cream so am hoping the shop has more or I'm beggered.



 Keep your fingers crossed for me that the shop has some in which is the same!

What else..oh yes. Hubby took me out for a drive for Valentine's Day..he bought me some lovely lillies and we went off exploring.  I wanted to see the Shannon canal system in Ballymore which had been hyped by the Irish TV Channel...
I don't know which bit they put on tv but whichever one it was, we didn't find it!

We still enjoyed it though, and I'm always fascinated by all things Victorian, including locks!  Ingenious!  How did they think of them?




We then went out for a meal in Carrick which was diabolical: it was so bad it was hilarious, in an expensive kind of way.  I guess vegetarianism hasn't quite reached rural Ireland, along with customer service...but it made hubby and I laugh and well, we will never watch Faulty Towers in quite the same light!

I will leave you with some of the snowdrops which are just out.  Finally.  I am ready for spring, I really am!




Have a great week everyone xxxxx

5 comments:

  1. No,I cannot see the excitement in GreatGrandma's face at all. ;)
    Lovely blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaynor. I love the corner to corner your making and the colors are gorgeous. I have made one and am working on the second, but yours doesn't look like mine. Can you give a link to the pattern.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great logo & absolutely adore the blanket!! It just looks so refined and cute and just ready for a little baby :) Hope you can get hold of more cream colour to complete it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blanket, it looks so difficult too, well done on making that.
    Greatgrandma looks so excited...not long now.
    The logo is perfect!
    love and {hugs} x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cute things for baby! Your blanket is lovely! The colors are soft and pretty... Great Grandma sure looks happy! Her first great grandbaby? I am ready for spring also, tho... I am a realist, and know it will be a while more... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website