Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Feeling Blue.....and being Inspired

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments regarding my latest finishes.  I have more to show and......the first of my stash has arrived from America....ssooooooo excited lol.

Firstly though, I entered a Colour Swap hosted by LydiaMy partner Michell has emailed to say her items have arrived and she loves them.  Michell chose the colour blue...and when I had a look at her blog I found she loves to quilt, more so than cross stitch at the mo. 

Darn it...I would have to use my $**%$£& sewing machine.  Well, time to nip that phobia in the bud.  I am pleased to say, that I have indeed done so.  I loved making gifts for Michell...it was great fun.

Here is what I made and added to Michells Blue Parcel.

A floral prim pin cushion with trim

A stuffed love heart with patchwork, ribbons, ric rak and floral buttons

A floral needle book with heart and floral button to keep in with the theme of flowers and hearts.  I included my Love pinkeep..I was going to keep it but then felt it fitted so perfectly with the theme that it had to go!  Also a blue and white ceramic needle minder

All together with a blue quilting pack, called Blueberry Crumb Cake..well you can't get a charm pack bluer than that can you?


 I really enjoyed putting this together and seams went where they should and fabric went straight and corners stuck out...phew!!!!!  Thank you Lydia for hosting this, it was great fun.
So much fun I am starting a quilting club to learn how to quilt properly lol.

Some of my new stash as arrived!  Yippee!!
In the post this morning came....well, I am on the lap top so you will have to wait till I get my sorry butt out of bed and can take a photo lol

I went to the hospital yesterday and was given the go ahead to start training for my sponsered walk: 88 km from my house to the hospital.  Brilliant!

Also, we had a public meeting last night for my new charity, Castlerea Cancer Care...we open 19th June so that will be amazing xxx

Again, thank you all for your support.  Have a wonderful week and see you again soon xx

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning!
    I love all your blue pieces. You did a wonderful job at the sewing machine.
    Congrats on the go ahead for the training. I hope that you get lots of good weather to train in.
    Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely parcel you've put together. You and the sewing machine are becommming good friends it seems.
    Great news your training can go ahead. Happy fund raising with the new charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your blue goodies!! A wonderful package you put together. Great news in the training ~ best if luck to you with that and your charity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I love the idea of a swap dealing with COLOR! Perhaps I should give that some thought to either orgainze one myself or join one next time one comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a lovely parcel, I am sure she was thrilled. Everything has turned out really well. The heart is realy pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on sewing up all those blue goodies. They all look perfect to me.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you again. They were lovely and I hope you will like mine when you get the parcel

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the gifts are just gorgeous. Im so glad that you feel inspired to giving quilting a try. I LOVE your cross stitch! that is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website