Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Theft pure and simple

I have just been informed by another designer that some arse has put Holmsey charts on an illegal sharing site.

As most of you know, I have terminal cancer. Holmsey is more than a cross stitch design: he is a real character from my imagination. He is my friend, my escape from a really shitty reality and my legacy to my children and grandchildren. He is part of me.
He has been featured in two books, written by myself.

Money from sales of Holmsey's charts goes to a breast cancer charity and to my granddaughter's college fund.
I am heartbroken. I give lots of charts away freely. I try to be fair to stitchers but the actions of a few have tarnished my world.

As a result I will cease all trading from December the 31st, to give shops the chance to satisfy their sales commitments.

Personally, I would withdraw them all now if I could. But that wouldn't be fair to the shops.
Gutted

14 comments:

  1. What a horrible thing to do. No respect for the designer!! It is obviously someone who has no idea what you're going through and I really feel sorry for you and your sweet character Holmsley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So desperately sorry to read this. Your work is precious and it upsets me a lot to read how this has been abused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry this happened. It's just not right. There seems to be no real solution to prevent this issue. Karma, if it exists, should get them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to read this. I am angry that someone would do this to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to read this. Stealing not just from you but the good causes you support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just plain nasty. I am sorry this has happened to you Gaynor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must be devastating. I can't imagine what kind of person does this sort of things. I feel so sorry for you, Gaynor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really sorry this is happening to you. I guess to some people, everything on the internet is just fair game :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is horrible, Gaynor--I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry this has happened. I am so annoyed that someone has done this also x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, I'm so sorry this happened to you! Whether it be in stores, or online, there are always those people who think it's okay to do this.
    Now I'm off to some shopping of Holmsey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since this is public, I will just say Dang! But in my mind, I am yelling bad words at a nameless, spineless person! I am so sorry that I am way late in seeing this, and that I am late is commenting. But mostly I am sorry that this happened to you! I understand your withdrawal, but hope that you will occasionally blog to us, so we know how you are doing! With much love at this season and always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *&*^&*&^^&& Lots of naughty words .... that is so awful.
    {hugs} xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sad to read this. Why do people do that? So disrespectful. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website