Monday, September 11, 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness Hurricane Relief and Wizard

Gifted gorgeousness is a monthly event in which we all share things crafty that have been gifted to us, or that we gifting others. Hosted by Serendipitous Stitching, it's a lovely event.

This month, I'm hoping to really embrace the spirit that is 'Gifted Gorgeousness'.

You cannot be completely blind to the horror that Hurricane Irma has (and is) causing.  Heart breaking.

Holmsey and I were cuddled up in front of the fire. It was raining hard and the wind was blowing hard, but we were inside where it was comfy and warm. We'd got no tv because the weather caused our satellite signal to 'go for a Burton', and so we just sat and watched the fire. The flames were quite hypnotic and I found it very easy to lose myself in them.

As we snuggled contentedly, Holmsey turned to watch the horizontal rain through the window. Horizontal rain is quite a common event here in Ireland, along with... wind. Lots and lots of wind.


He sighed and turned to me with concern in his eyes.

"We're very lucky really. The weather is so much worse where the hurricane is blowing, isn't it?" He asked.

"Oh yes!" I answered. "We're very lucky indeed. And yes. The hurricane is causing a lot of damage. A lot of people have lost their homes, their work, and well, some have lost everything, sadly."

Holmsey sighed heavily.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" he queried.

"I don't know. I guess there must be something we can do. Some way to help these people. Did you have anything in mind?"

Holmsey thought for a moment. He licked a paw and began to clean his whiskers.

I patiently waited for him to speak as he thought things through.

Finally, he leapt up excitedly!

"I know! I know! How about a fundraising chart? One that focusses on the very places where there's been lots of damage and upset!"

It's my turn to sigh. Work. Darn it.

I looked down at him; at his huge, brown, innocent eyes which stared back at me, hopefully.

Botheration. This hare has me well and truly twisted around his little paw.

"Ok." I answered as I reached for the laptop.

And so we do indeed have a fundraising chart.



The chart incorporates the Texas National Flower, the Floridian National Flower and the Bahamas National Flower.  We decided to keep the theme and colours to the Year of the Hare..simply because I love the colours.  We needed something to match all three areas, something that binds them together other than total disaster and so we chose their national flowers.  

And this is where the gifting comes in.  In return for the chart, we are asking that you donate to our chosen charities via my paypal account.

I have chosen three charities to support which will get an equal portion of the final income unless you want to donate to one specifically. Simply add a note to your donation stating which.

For America, I have chosen The Petco Foundation (because Holmsey wants to help his animal friends) and the American Red Cross.

For the Bahamas, I've chosen the British Red Cross because the government will match donations, meaning they get twice as much.

Your donation will be anonymous. No matter how small, (because we all have hard times), you will get the chart.

I'll email the pdf chart to the paypal email address from which payment came. No exceptions. I will come online twice a day to send out charts so please allow for time differences and the fact even I sleep sometimes rofl.

To get the chart, you simply pay a donation to paypal, email address stitchersanon@outlook.com.
The full amount you donate will be given to charity. I'll cover paypal costs to ensure this is the case.

I will show all amounts donated (minus payers details) so there will be full transparency.

I hope you will enjoy stitching it xx

Our Forth Wizard has also been released!  You can find his chart on the free chart page of this blog xx  Liber Vermis is book work in Latin. Very appropriate I think!



Remember though, whilst the charts are free, we are also raising money for palliative care.  Blimey, so many fund raisers!  
Thank you


20 comments:

  1. A wonderful plan how help can be given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely charts, and such a compassionate "hare" to donate to all the worthy causes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month with a wonderful caring idea. I do think Holmsley has a heart of gold.
    Love the new wizard too, of course - he's a book worm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful chart, and with Holmsey's hazel eyes, how could you not help? This blog needs a hare eye filter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to help those in need. A lovely chart, and very generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to raise money x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you and Holmsey raised lots x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet design. 💓
    I am loving the wizards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. IDM 6.38 Build 16 Crack With Serial Key Full Download [Latest]
    IDM 6.38 Build 16 Crack is available. You can download the crack version without any risk of virus. This crack of IDM is monitoring on the daily basis and tested ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for Sharing such an amazing article. Keep working... Your Site is very nice, and it's very helping us.. this post is unique and interesting, thank you for sharing this awesome information

    IFMIS Telangana Portal | Payslip Download

    ReplyDelete
  11. The state of Idaho wishes you well! Working in this environment has become tedious to the point that I've chosen to take a vacation from it all.
    I'll check your blog on my iPhone during my lunch break. Thank you so much for sharing this treasure of knowledge with us.
    in a few moments, and I can't wait to see what it has in store for me.
    home. The blog loads really quickly on mobile devices.
    There is no WIFI at all, only 3G.
    Despite this, it was a fantastic experience all the same.
    blog!
    reaper crack
    coreldraw graphics suite 2019 crack
    mavis beacon crack

    ReplyDelete
  12. On the Internet, I was overjoyed to discover this establishment.
    This was a fantastic read, and I owe it to you at least once.
    It piqued my interest a little, and you were kind enough to keep it.
    Become a fan of a new item on your site.
    wm recorder crack
    cyberlink powerdvd crack
    amazing dr recovery crack
    nero platinum crack

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your website.
    I think the website is GREAT!
    It is easy to follow along and definitely convienent
    smartdraw crack
    magic uneraser crack
    ashampoo burning studio crack
    wysiwyg web builder crack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, God! Wonderful friend article! Thanks. However, I have problems with your RSS feed.
    I don't understand why I can't join. Does anyone have the same problems with RSS? Who knows the answer, could you answer me? Thanks!!
    driveimage xml full crack
    sonos crack
    sonic visualiser crack
    pandora crack
    windows 10 pro crack
    advanced system optimizer crack
    windows 10 pro crack
    windows 10 crack

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice blog, Thanks for sharing great article.
    You are providing wonderful information, it is very useful to us.
    Keep posting like this informative articles.
    Thank you.

    minitool-partition-wizard

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is very helpful and very informative article and I really learned a lot from it.

    android-data-recovery

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website