Friday, July 7, 2017

Still happy days!

Phew, where did this week go???

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my previous post. I really appreciated them.

Well it's been a week of swings and roundabouts followed by a huge pile of candyfloss!

I'm doing well.  My cancer markers are still in double figures so that's great. That's the swing.  Then I had the roundabout.   I had treatment yesterday and my neutrophil and white cell counts were down! BOO! HISS!

I swear, I have the wimpiest neutrophils in the whole wide world..up there with eyebrows. The first things to run at the slightest sight of trouble.

So home I toddle, leaving my immune system somewhere behind me and without second treatment.  Then I got a phone call today saying the Prof wants me to stay on my treatment anyway so off I toddle again to pick the tablets up.

Bag packed in case of trip to A and E regardless.  Crochet...check,  stitching...check.  PJs.  PJs? Argh!  No room for PJs!

 I'm not going to start the tablets until Sunday. This will give my bloods a bit of a chance to recover. Two days won't make a lot of difference cancer wise but it may make a difference with me ending up in A and E.

It's been a busy week. I didn't meet all my goals but I did well.  So here's my candyfloss (without the calories).

This is the mock up of a brand new Halloween SAL which will start soon....featuring Wizards.  And honestly, they are more contrary than the witches ever were!


I  made a start on the embroidery project I brought home from the Embroidery Guild meeting.  I won't be able to go this week because of the low blood counts. I can't go anywhere near infection or possible sources of infection.  I'm gutted.


This features stem stitch, bullion knots and herringbone stitch.  I love it!  I altered the colours and added a few bits here and there..well, it's what we do isn't it, we personalise to make it ours?

I made a cardigan for my granddaughter (fitting nicely with gifted gorgeousness).  Excuse the towel. It's what it was being blocked on.



I hate putting sleeves in cardigans and jumpers.  I would kill for an all in one pattern where the sleeves are made at the same time. I know there's one there somewhere but I haven't found it yet!



The next flower in M'Lady's Greenhouse was released this week as well. Thankful Agrimony.  I really surprised myself with this design. I hate backstitch and there I was, designing with backstitch!

The latest witchy story has almost been finished so hopefully that will be out soon as well.

I didn't get to stitch on Jacque's Rest, but it's all primed and ready to go.

Ooo and I have a new project. I've been asked to write for a Poverty organisation on healthy eating and making five euros work like ten.  Not entirely sure how I fell into that one, but it's all good fun and I really enjoy writing!

Goals this week:
Stay out of hospital
Stitch on Jacques Rest
Crochet a baby top for the Mayo Roscommon Hospice fundraiser.
Finish the embroidery I started.
Crochet on the baby cupcake blanket.

So, quite a bit to keep me busy as well as looking after all the veggies in the polytunnel! I'l get some photos for next week.  

Thank you all for popping by and for writing your blogs. I haven't been commenting much but I have been reading. I read for half an hour before bed while I wait for sleeping meds to kick in.  You are all so talented!  I'll leave you with a photo of one of my neighbours.  The cheeky wee madam actually stopped in front of the car to let me take a photos.  Talk about a poser!

Happy crafting!
TTFN






10 comments:

  1. Sending good wishes your way that you will be able to avoid a trip to the hospital. All of your projects are so beautiful. I look forward seeing more updates when you're feeling up to it...especially the cupcake blanket. TTFN! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. More "fun" on the swings and roundabouts of the cancer playground!
    Glad that you've got your priorities right over the bag packing too.
    I like the sound of the wizard SAL, looking forward to seeing who pops up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you certainly sound cheerful...in spite of the pitfalls and downsides that come at you! What a wonderful spirit you have! You know I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers and thoughts! Despite everything, you are still crafting...LOVE the sweater! And the ongoing SAL is looking very bright and cheerful--good job! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is beautiful! Hoping you make your health goals, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo about your blood counts (I hope those suckers come right back where they belong soon!), but everything else sounds and looks great. You sure are keeping yourself busy!

    About the sweater - I've been doing this great all-in-one knitted baby jacket a few times and I was sure that I had seen a crocheted version as well...turns out I was right! Check those out - they both cost a little money, but if they are as awesome as the knitted original, they are well worth it:
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/all-in-one-crochet-cardi-for-baby-nam-version
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/basic-buttoned-sweater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leonora! These patterns look wonderful xxxx Thank you for taking the time to find them for me xx

      Delete
  6. Love your sweet sweater! What a treasure that will be for your granddaughter :) I'm sorry you weren't able to attend your guild meeting--I wonder if you could ever "attend" via Skype?!

    Take care now--and I hope your blood counts improve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lov the way you packed your bag - I would do it the same way :)) And what lovely sweater you made for your granddaughter.
    Your stitching s so beautiful, love these little embroidered flowers. And the wizard SAL sounds very tempting ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So way behind blog reading again, had an issue here that needed some getting my head round. I hope all went well with the meds and you were kept out of hospital.
    Delightful colour the new cardigan is, she'll love that.
    love and {hugs} xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers and thoughts! Despite everything, you are still crafting...LOVE the sweater!

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website