Sunday, December 4, 2016

No clever blog title

I can't think of a catchy blog title today.  My brain is too busy thinking about crafting!  Yup, my mojo is back!  Which is just as well because I have a backlog of stitching finishes waiting to be framed and finished as, well, whatever I decide to finish them as.  I do need to make a flatfold as I've never made one before..that will be my next challenge I think!

I finally have some craftiness to  show which is wonderful.

I finished stitching part two of the Mystery Holmsey Hare Winter Wonderland Sampler.  This is available on the etsy store.



I've also finished 'finishing' my Holmsey Hymns ornaments. 

Feeling brave, I got the sewing machine out.  I felt a complete novice, it's been so long since I've used it. We got there in the end though.  And yes, I did all the novice booboos like forget to get the ribbon the right way to hang them, and forget to make sure the fabric was the wrong way around when I sewed the little pillows up.  It's a lovely feeling when it's all done though, isn't it?  I felt a real sense of achievement! 





I'm busy crocheting today...something I hope will be finished by tonight.  Until then, I'll leave you with a photo from last weeks trip to Dublin.  I asked Santa if I could visit him without my children to have a photo to put in their memory boxes.  Santa was very kind and said yes.  I do seem to have rosy cheeks...I suspect that is down to the two glasses of wine I'd had with lunch which probably gave me the courage to ask Santa for his good deed!


Oh and a pig.  This little fellow is at the Gibson Hotel in Dublin (which is where I had the wine and a lovely Thai meal).  It's quite posh so I asked first if I could take the photo.  That went well but then I decided to have a conversation with him.  Well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it?  And only after I finished our chat did I look up and realise everyone was watching me.

Ah well....talking to a pig, even a pretend one (shhh, don't tell him he isn't real!), was interesting. He had some diverse views about the world (seeing as he only usually sees people's knees) but it was a stimulating conversation all the same!



Bless his little bacon heart!

Take care and thank you for visiting. See you again soon!

25 comments:

  1. Your stitching is positively wonderful and beautiful! Love the picture of you jolly three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx It was fun..I'm not sure Santa will recover though!

      Delete
  2. Great stitching and finishing. Love the pig and the Santa picture....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful, I think I need to go shopping! I love your Santa picture, you're never too old for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear you sounding so chipper. Your finishes are perfect; I think I'd better get busy on your carols. Of course Santa agreed to your request. If he hadn't, I'd have have been forced to believe you visited one of the "fake" ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No he was real....I made sure first by tugging on his beard!

      Delete
  5. Your ornaments look fabulous! Off to check out your Etsy shop as I see a couple I don't have. Good for you on chatting with Santa and the Pig! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny , and so talented! Thank you for sharing. Puts me to to shame to not have mine finished...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you've been busy. Love the sampler, it really is stunning!

      Delete
  7. Fantastic job on the ornament finishes!! Looks like your sewing machine was well behaved for you ;)
    Santa has to be the best, hasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fine with the sewing machine once I put on the armour! He was pretty cool, that's for sure.

      Delete
  8. You did a great job on the ornaments! As long as you like them... I had a laugh, imagining you have a 'talk' with the pig! Ha! Your mojo is definitely on the upswing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often talk to inanimate objects...you are only nuts if you talk to yourself rofl xxxx

      Delete
  9. Love your stitching and that gorgeous fabric, and you did a great job with the sewing machine. I've done that with the ribbon too...
    I had a tidy up the other day and found a lot of unfinished stitches including the Halloween SAL that you ended up using as the model photo on your etsy shop. I wondered if you would like it for your granddaughter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Justine that would be amazing! But please let me pay for it and postage etc xx

      Delete
    2. Absolutely no need for that! Please email me justinesxstitch@btinternet.com to let me have your address.

      Delete
  10. Your mystery sampler and your are equally adorable. And you are not alone.....my kids love to tell the story that I talk to my underwear! Pantyhose really and they were little and we were hurrying and I was telling those bugger (the pantyhose) to straighten out and get on my legs. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with that! Did they answer back though..that's the question!

      Delete
  11. The Holmsey hymns do look so good all together.
    You should have made the santa pic your Christmas card this year and told everyone you had whispered in his ear that they had been naughty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work on all your ornies, you had a real production line going there!
    Hope you told Santa how good we've all been so we're on his Nice List.
    Love little pork chop there too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to read that your mojo is back--and back big time!! Your ornaments are fabulous--love seeing them all together like that! For as many ornaments as I've finished, I still make the same rookie mistakes like you mentioned from time to time!

    What a cutie pie pig!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website