Friday, June 10, 2016

Holmsey is Home!


What a day! I missed the post yesterday because I was off having chemo and then today I had a day of normal life jobs which meant I missed getting to the post office before they closed for lunch. My palliative care nurse arrived pm and hubby had to leave to pick up our son from school because there is no school bus during exams.

He got back at 4.40 giving us just 20 minutes to get to the post office before it closed...and we did it with one minute to spare. And then we made t...hem stay open while I opened my package..I couldn't wait, I was just too excited.

Guess what had arrived?

I am officially the happiest person in the world. This is not just the cherry on the top of the cake: this is the cherry with more fireworks than Sidney Harbour has during New Years celebrations. Off all the things I have achieved with my life, this is the best.

Paula's artworks brings Holmsey and Fergus to life. It is a happy marriage and I couldn't imagine the two ever being apart.

  Paula, you did good. You did amazing. Thank you so very, very much. You have made me cry more than cancer, but tears of complete joy. You have been a pleasure to work with. Well, actually, it never actually felt like work though I'm sure it must have felt like it to you at times. Your artwork is unique. It deserves to be shown.

Paula's illustrations and style are just perfect for us crafters. And the actual artwork is so amazingly intricate. Everytime I look, I find something new! I can't show you all of the picture that I received until all the orders of books have gone out, but Holmsey did so want to be in the photo. How could I say no to such a big star?
http://www.beartailsillustration.uk

10 comments:

  1. Simply awesome, you must be thrilled and Holmesy looks so happy too 😊
    Loving your red hat!! 😊
    Big smiles 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations deary, what a wonderful achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations Gaynor! I am so happy for you, this is an amazing achievement and you should feel very, very proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hip Hip Hooray...how absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your joy is contagious my friend! How absolutely wonderful! You look great in that hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Gaynor! Those illustrations look perfect for your sweet tales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled for you and excited, must get myself a copy of the book for my granddaughter when its back in stock.
    Was not impressed reading about your birthday though!!
    Sending lot of love and {{big squishy hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful and you look so excited, congratulations! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website