Thursday, November 5, 2015

Happy Post!!!

Hi everyone.

Ok: where am I with my crafting?

Cross stitch = none
Designing = lots but nothing I can show yet.
Crochet = two squares for a new baby blanket
Quiltng (yes you read right, quilting)...I finally quilted a top that I put together er....2 years ago. Yup: it is all quilted and I just have to put the binding on.  I will share a picture when it is all finished...it is an incentive to make sure I don't leave it another two years.

So what is new...well, my wonderful friend Jacquie has has  a really hard time lately.  She has a few health issues but despite these, she is the most amazingly creative and productive person I think I have ever known.

Out of nowhere, she sent me this amazing gift and  a letter which made me cry....in a good way.  I can't share the letter but it's timing was perfect.  Jacquie, my life is so much more  worthwhile thanks to friends like you xxx



It  is the most perfect heart with the most perfect finish.  I had to actually message her to ask how she did it!

It is on the thinest card, with a perfect backing.


And can you see? She has actually blanket stitched all around it to hold it together!  Not a single drop of glue and the stitches are soooo neat.  Please don't expect anything this neat from me ladies rofl.. I am happy to bow down to superior finishing and give credit where it is due!

And even more special, Jacquie even made the button herself!


I am forever touched at the generosity from fellow crafters.  We are a unique bunch aren't we?

And Jacquie then sent me photos of my four prim heart designs which she stitched and finished!



There is no limit to her talents..and, it was because of Jacquie that I got out my quilting. I thought if she can do it, and do it so well, then there is no excuse for me to keep my top shoved in the fabric cupboard is there?  I love how we are inspired by the crafters around us!  Thank you Jacquie xxxxxx A million times xxx

One last piece of news.

A wonderful Irish craft shop, the Crafter's Basket in Cliffoney, Sligo called me up. They want to stock my designs and are taking some of my designs to the Stitching and Knitting show in the RDS in Dublin next week!!! argh!!!! How exciting!!

And after a meeting with them today, I am going to be producing some very special cross stitch kits, just for them to sell. They are a wonderful company: so friendly and so about the crafts!!  I could quite happily sit in there all day and drool  craft!

The kits will be able to be bought from them online and of course if you go in.  They will be ready in the new year!!

I have to say Holmsey and Fergus are very excited about being in the RDS!  I hope they behave!

You will find them at Stand B29!!  If you are going, please stop by and say hi!

It will be wonderful to help support such charming ladies and their passion for Irish crafting!

I better show you who they are!





I'm very excited about these new challenges with the kits.  It is wonderful that the Crafter's Basket have that much faith in me.  Thank you ladies!

Well, that is me done. I will just leave you with a photo of the mountain near the shop.  The Crafter's Shop is next to the beath and the mountains...I see me a stitching retreat here maybe next year!!!!! It's gorgeous.

Have a great weekend everyone and I hope to be back soon, with a quilt!



14 comments:

  1. Beautifully made hear from Jacquie.
    Congrats on such a happy news & wishing you good luck with this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I actually like applying the binding.I hope to see the quilt soon.
    Congratulations on your new business venture. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift! The finishing IS exquisite! I like the way Jacquie finished it... I shall remember it, and maybe try it in the future! So exciting about your designs being picked up by a shop! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is an amazing finish and very much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your exciting new venture! Those ladies and their shop look like the perfect fit for Holmesy and Fergus.
    I saw Jacquie's gift for you on her blog. The finishing is absolutely perfect. I'm sure you will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a positive post. Great gift you've received. Congrats about your designs for the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new venture, what fun awaits you in the coming months.... exciting times,
    I just saw Jacqui's amazing pressie for you, she has certainly not got idle hands whilst recouperating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a lovely gift you received from Jacquie. She is such a friendly person. And so great for you that your designs will be stocked at The Crafter's Basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx She is a wonderful person and I love the heart xx

      Delete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website