Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Five little maids from School are we..

 Believe it or not, these are all stitched on the same fabric; Light Sand.  I have new photograph editing software which is brilliant as you all know the troubles I've seen trying to get decent photos in Ireland's moisture-laden air. 

Lesson to self; write down steps when editing designs on same fabric so we can get the fabric looking the same lol.  Trust me though, the thread colours are true.  It seems different colours on the same fabric brings out different hues in the light around it.  Eww...sounds a bit like physics to me so I'm going to leave it at that!





I'm making  a little progress on my new Bee Hive project.  The problem with designing it yourself is you think of things to keep adding whereas when you buy a chart, you know exactly what your getting!  So it gets bigger and bigger as we go but I do like it and that is what counts right?

And my daughter asked me to design a little chart for her for her birthday so I came up with this.


 And you never know, I might even get time to stitch it as well xx

She isn't very patient so I needed something which would stitch quick for her and when she arrives on Sunday (Yay !!!!!) she can stitch it here.

Right, well the leeks are planted in the polytunnel, the potatoes are peeled and as I look out of the window I see rain and wind...typical for a week leading up to a bank holiday.  So methinks I will light the fire (for the first time in months so I can't complain really) and do a little stitching.

And as I stitch I need to think of a little girl's quilt for her dolls that I promised I would make and my two PIF gifts on the theme of 'art'.  Yum.  Better to have too many projects to think about than not enough xx  A busy mind is a happy mind!





9 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely work!
    How fun to look forward to stitching with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have been busy! I know you are looking forward to daughter's visit! Enjoy the time together! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birthday girls. The photos of the individual designs look exactly the color of light sand fabric so I think you've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life sounds very busy for you!! How sweet each of the little girls is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet designs! I can't wait to see what you come up with for July.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super collection, they'll be popular.
    Love and (hugs)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These girls will be a wonderful collection!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website