Hi everyone, how are you all?
Thank you for your lovely comments in my last post: you're all so kind and wonderful. I'm afraid I'm yet again behind in commenting on your posts, but I promise I have been reading them.
I still have nothing crafty to show you BUT there are things afoot!
Thanks to help from Kimberly at Gecko Rouge and Sarah Paine from Paine Free Crafts and other designers on the fb page Cross Stitch Showcase I feel motivated, organised and most importantly, excited about new developments.
- I've ordered a professional light box so I can take better photos of the stitched finishes.
- I've finished twelve new ornaments and they will be off to Elaine for stitching on Monday.
- I've a brand new chart in my head bursting to come out.
- I've officially signed an artist whose work I love, and even though I had a little meltdown because of the responsibility of staying true to her picture and the fact that there is a lot more to it than just importing a picture into a cross stitch program: it is lots and lots of work and other aspects which I won't bore you with, but thanks especially to Kim I am now excited and rearing to go. The designers, especially Kim have gone beyond the call of duty to help me and hold my hand. They are such special people and I'm very greatful to them all.
- I am busy updating and altering my etsy page which will be brought back to life with some amazing offers
- I'm looking into making kits rather than just charts
- I will be making a few changes to my blog: this will be my personal space and I will be using the website more for the work stuff.
- I'm tidying and reorganising the fb page and by the way, THERE IS A NEW FRIDAY FREEBIE CHART ON THERE; it may be one I have put on here but it may not be here for much longer so it is best to check out the fb page. Eventually all freebies will be on there. I don't think you have to have a fb page to look at it. If you are someone who doesn't do facebook, would you mind clicking the link and seeing if you can access it all? Because it is a work page and not a personal page I think you can.
I ran a competition to convert children's art into a cross stitch design. A lovely lady won it who had two children. Well, I couldn't do one child's picture and not the other could I?
So I would like to show you their drawings and the copyright notices that went with them.
I'm looking forwards to seeing the finished pieces and I have to be honest; on the days I worked on these,they were the best days of my career ever: up there with a card I got when I left St Brendan's College in Brislington from one of my students who was on the Autism Spectrum: she got me a beautiful card and in it she thanked me for all the extra time I spent helping her and she considered me a friend. Well these days were up there with that!
This wonderful piece of artwork was converted from a picture drawn by Lucus.
All rights belong to Lucas. Any stealing, copying or distributing without Lucus's permission will result in action.
Serious action: the kind of action where if you steal Lucus's work, a giant green bogey will land on your head and will be impossible to remove. It will be stuck to your head with mega snot glue and everyone knows snot glue cannot be removed until you personally apologise to the person whose work you have stolen, in this case Lucus, and pay him a ridiculous amount of money.
At least a gazillion pounds. You have been warned!
This wonderful fairy is the artwork of an amazingly talented young artist called Shannon.
Both Shannon and I are good friends with the fairies (Tinkerbell actually emails me all the time!) and I have been told to write this for Shannon's copyright notice.
The rights to this work belong to Shannon and only to Shannon.
If you copy her work, steal her charts or pretend they are your work, then the Fairy Queen will send her magical fairies to your house. Once they are there they will place the following spells on you.
Firstly they will send you to sleep for one hundred years.
Then they will make you really, really ugly to all men.
This means no matter how beautiful you are, to all men you will look horrible. Any handsome princes who come to your home to wake you with true love's kiss, will take one look at your face and instantly puke up on the bed and never, ever kiss you so you will never wake up.
You will be so horrible that not even frogs will kiss you to turn back into handsome princes after a spell was put on them! And they were probably turned into frogs because they broke copyright laws themselves.
Oh and one more thing: the fairies tell me that if you even just think about stealing Shannon's work, they will make you totally rubbish at adding up numbers and counting so you will never be able to steal Shannons work and get rich because you won't be able to count more than one, not even if you use your fingers.
You have been magically warned!
How much fun do you think I had with these?
I wish I could put them on my charts. I must admit I do get a bit creative with my copyright warnings haha. Holmsey hare becomes my chief copyright bodyguard!
I am now offering this as a service though my website but to be honest, it really would be more fun than an income...oh and I will be original in the copyright warnings because let's face it: I have never got older than four mentally!
Right must go. You never know there may even be some craft in the next post! Happy days!