Saturday, October 19, 2013

Christmas SAL and a finish

I think it is ok: I don't think my recipient reads my blog...I am so excited though I have to show it!





It is my first finish on my new sewing machine with a proper walking foot.  I love it.  Proper quilting and finishing.  It is for an exchange and I am pretty sure the lady doesn't even know I have a blog so I should be ok showing it.  She wanted something on a winter theme in green..not the easiest combination!

I have made her something else to go with it but that will be a surprise.

I was hoping to have a finish for the first week of the Xmas SAL but real life got in the way.
I made a good start and will get it finished this weekend.





I'm stitching it on 28 count Trento Natural.

Here is the first section.  It will run over 9 weeks but the sections for the last three weeks are smaller as they are the weeks in the run up to Christmas.  I may also make some thread changes for the later section: the horse.  Yes, a horse rofl.

I'll give you and up to day key if that's the case!  After christmas the charts will be removed and will go on general sale so if you want it be sure to print it out!







15 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that snowman! So adorable. I have already printed it out...after all I have nothing else to do, do I :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a sweet sal :)
    I love it too :)
    Sweet Christmas tree ..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish!! I'm sure the recipient will love it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making some great pieces! I am away right now but will join your SAL when I get back tomorrow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A walking foot does make life easier, you've done a good job, and I'm sure your swap partner will appreciate your hard work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the sal - it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun! Just a case of finding time to stitch it...

    Your gift is wonderful, I am sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! You are a busy crafter. Love the Christmas stitch you are designing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great SAL with a fantastic design!!! That little snowman is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful gift, it certainly fits the bill of being green - she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish! She will love it. And I love the SAL!!!! It is fantastic and I will be joining you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great finish!! And I love part one of the SAL. If I can get myself organised I'd love to join in, it will only be my second SAL, but it looks like a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! This looks like it will be a wonderful Christmas design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. woohoo thank you looks great... don't suppose you want to put out the border next for us numbering challenged? :o} Sure helps me from well going astray if I have all the borders. Got it printed and plan to get started on this weekend. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous finish! Such a sweet snowman too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website