Wednesday, December 26, 2012

All done. and Small Yearly SAL

Hi everyone,
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas. All that work and then it seems over very quickly. We had a wonderful day and will continue the Christmas feelings all week as we prepare for my hubbies birthday on the 28th. Christmas was perfect.  I won't bore you with details but would like to thank everyone for my lovely gifts.  This year was much smaller than usual and yet it was just perfect.  Everyone had a great time and what was received was truly appreciated.
I especially want to thank my boys for my Wii Zumba, and my hubby for my lovely lillies.

I also opened my final ornament from Maggee....isn't it perfect?

 And a better photo of my Christmas eve ornie from Maggee
And my final ornament to Maggee was:
A simple redwork Angel.

Well: what next?
I have set my goals for 2013 and have purposely kept them small.
The first is Santa's Village.
The second is to knit 200 blocks for an afghan.
The third is my 2013 Smaller SAL

Every two months we will feature a smaller blogging designer and stitch on of their charts: there will be a mixture of purchased pdf charts and free charts.
Our first chart is designed by Patty Carbaugh on Hanging by a Thread.  It is a beautiful design.

Our second designer will be Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe and the third designer to contact me is Blue Ribbon Designs.  Each time I will select 2-3 charts from each designer and we can vote on which to stitch.  If you don't like a design then you don't have to stitch it.  We will have around two months for each design so no rush.  Pop along to the SAL blog if you would like to join in. The more the merrier, and please let people know about it as this is a great time to support our smaller, less commercial designers.  If you know of a small designer then please let me know or perhaps you would like to off a chart for us to stitch.  I am open to ideas!

The fourth  goal is to do some RAKS.  If you would like to be considered for a RAK, just email me with your details and you will be added to the merry bunch already there! My email stitcheranonatyahoodotcodotuk.

The fifth is the Needlework book: more fun than a goal
And the sixth and final goal are my seasonal exchanges.  And that is it.  Nothing more.  More than enough methinks!

I don't think I will be back before next week: I have my hubbies party to prepare for and some stitching and plans to make for my new etsy shop.
So I will love you and leave you and wish for you all a peaceful and restful Christmas week.



5 comments:

  1. Those ornaments from Maggee are beautiful. She did a great job!

    I joined the SAL. I can't wait to see what design you chose from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.

    Wishing you a peaceful and restful Christmas back!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell me more about your knitted squares????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ornaments! Wishing you a peaceful time during the rest of your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful day! What lovely ornaments.
    Your 2013 goals seem very achievable and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to be busy next year,it's going to be fun coming to see how you are getting on. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website