Thursday, March 23, 2017

Competition Time!


Holmsey and Fergus sat quietly by my side as I stitched. Fergus in particular, was being unusually quiet.

“Whatever is the matter?” I asked them as I blew my nose loudly.

“We’re very worried about you!” Holmsey murmured as he snuggled his little head under my big thick blanket.

Fergus tried to do the same, but, being a lot bigger than the little hare; my blanket just covered his head. With his little nose poking out, he looked just like a goat in a coat!

“You seem to be dreadfully ill!” Holmsey said, his little voice trembling.

Fergus nodded his head in agreement, his huge, brown eyes filled with concern.

“Oh you are a silly billy, Holmsey.” I replied, trying not to cough “I’ve only got a cold! It will soon pass.”

Holmsey and Fergus looked at each other and didn’t seem to be reassured.

“I know! Why don’t we do something nice, to forget about my red nose and poorly chest! Let’s have a competition! And I’ll tell you what; we'll ask Paula at Bear Tails Illustrations to join in! You’d like that, wouldn’t you? I know you love Paula because she makes such lovely pictures of you both.”

“Oh yes please!” cried Fergus as he leapt up in glee and started to bounce around my living room, taking my blanket with him. He looked like a deer-shaped ghost as the blanket flapped around his head!

“What shall we give as a prize?” asked Holmsey.

“How about the three Holmsey books, all signed by myself and Paula? And of course if there are any authentication certificates left, we can include them as well. What do you think?

“So that would be ‘Holmsey Hare Meets Fergus’, ‘Can I Be a Hare’ AND the ‘Holmsey Meets Fergus’ colouring book?” queried Holmsey.

“That’s right.” I replied.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” came a muffled cry from Fergus who was busy trying to untangle himself from my lovely but now quite mucky blanket.

“Ok then. Let’s think. What sort of competition shall we have?

Hmmmm. I know. Have you seen my pen Holmsey?”

Holmsey had and as he passed it to me, I wrote the competition down and showed them what you have to do to enter.

So, with their approval, here is the competition and the rules.

1. Like Bear Tails Illustrations fb page https://www.facebook.com/BearTails/

2. I have mentioned 6 books published by Bear Tails Illustrations including Holmsey’s stories in this little story. Pm Bear Tails fb page direct with the titles of all 6 of the books hidden in the text (including the 3 Holmsey books!). You can find all of Bear Tails books here: http://www.beartailsillustration.uk/

3. Comment on the Bear Tails competition post on their fb page ONLY with the words ‘Found them!’

And the winner will receive three very unique books, signed by myself and Paula.
Winner to be announced on the 9th of April.

7 comments:

  1. Not on FB, so won't take part but good luck to everyone who joins in!! Generous gifts that will be treasured for ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to all your FB readers, a fabulous prize.
    {{Feel better hugs}} xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to all your FB readers Gaynor! I am praying for you.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Feel better soon; "just a cold"s have been lasting far too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my chance on FB, just for fun, if you want to visit my blog on March 11th, step 3/3 you'll see Holmsey on the shelves of that virtual bookshop ;). Send you warm wishes. Amitiés. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so lovely of you to do this! I just purchased the two picture books for my grandma, and she loves them as much as I do, but it's a great opportunity for someone who doesn't know the books yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website