Saturday, April 2, 2016

A Tisket, A Tasket

Hi everyone. Sorry for my absence but my beautiful daughter and grandbaby came over for a visit.  We were so lucky: we managed to persuade my daughter and her partner to go and have a night away and leave the baby with us. It's the very first time my daughter has ever been away from her baby so we were expecting her to try to get out of it.  She did go in the end and my grandbaby was as good as gold!  My hubby and I love our new roles as Grandparents.

It's the baby's 1st birthday in a week or so.  Where does the time go?  I won't be able to see her on her birthday, so we had an early celebration here.

Alyssia adored the little bunny comfort blanket I made, who as it turns out, is very good at playing Peek a Boo!




And of course I made her a birthday cake. It's been years since I've made a birthday cake for someone, so it wasn't perfect but what it lacked in skill, it made up for in love and enthusiasm.
 
 


I'm a bit behind work-wise but I do have a new release.  A Tisket, A Tasket.

I hope you like it xx

12 comments:

  1. You are very talented my friend. Your new chart is wonderful and that bunny cake is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new chart! What a fun bunny cake you created! I know you totally enjoyed and loved your time with your granddaughter. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I just wish my camera skills would show how pretty it really is!

      Delete
  3. Oh I am so pleased you had a wonderful time when your daughter visited....and your granddaughter is adorable...and almost one already??!! Where indeed does the time go?!
    Your cake is precious, I love it. I love all the things you crotchet :)
    Ooooh yes!! Another wonderful design you have created!!
    Big smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that your daughter and family were able to visit AND you got extra baby time. Her cake is so much fun, and the new pattern is great! Hope you're not too worn out. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was shattered by the time they went home. I'd forgotton how hard it is to look after a bb yand cook for 8 people instead of three!

      Delete
  5. So many bunnies! You are a very talented baker - bunny cake is amazing. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing nicer that grandbaby hugs and cuddles. A fab cake, Can't believe she will be 1 soon, that year certainly flew by.
    Nice new design
    {{hugs}} x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was lovely having the grandbaby visiting..it has made my life to this point worthwhile. Job done lol

      Delete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website