2015 was an amazing year, not without it's difficulties, but an amazing year nevertheless.
Work in 2015
* Stitchers Anon Cross Stitch Designs released over 80 new designs in 2015. That's right...more than 80!
*Stitchers Anon Cross Stitch Designs was taken in by a USA Distributer and was picked up by two LNS and two USA online shops!
*My designs were taken to the RDS Knitting and Stitching Show in Dublin!
* I actually got organised and have two SALs running, and a free SAL about to be released any.....second!
I still enjoy what I do, and it's still a bit surreal really. I now have to do accounts and paperwork but it is still fun. The moment it becomes work, I think I will quit!
* Through work, we raised over 1000 euros for Galway SPCA, The Irish Cancer Society, Cancer Care West, and of course the Breast Cancer Research program in Galway University Hospital. Thank you all who contributed, either in prizes or by taking part.
Family Life in 2015
* This year was a complete roller coaster really, with son's career changes and daughters threatened miscarriage and some drama in the extended family BUT
* My son moved to a nicer part of the UK, under the guiding influence of his uncle and is now back at college.
*2015 Saw the arrival of my beautiful, amazing, wonderful grandaughter. Alyssia
|Meeting Grandad for the first time!|
Isn't she a little bundle of perfection???? I miss her so much. She is why we get up each morning and our purpose for life. It's an amazing experience being a grandmother. I can't explain it but it is the BEST feeling in the world.
Crafting in 2015
* Unfortunately due to nerve damage in my right arm from chemo, and the lack of ability to concentrate I had to give up knitting after it took me a whole week to make these.
Before cancer, they would have taken me a few hours!
Never mind. Instead I learned to....
And of course there was lots of stitching, but mainly for work! And not enough, I've decided!
*And finally, I also started writing again. Just for fun, but it is enough for now. I was published a long, long time ago but now it is all about the fun!
So what does 2016 hold for me?
Family in 2016
I want to see a lot more of my grandaughter, and visit my son and I have to support my youngest son as he takes his junior cert.
Work in 2016 is going to be so exciting. I've so many ideas brimming in my head! But I need to remember to take time off, and I need to remember to craft just for me, just for fun.
Charity in 2016 Our chosen charities this year are The Donkey Sanctury, which Holmsey hare and Holmsey's Hymms will be supporting. The Donkey Sanctuary is a world wide charity and we thought as Douglas Donkey has made an appearance as a new friend, then it seemed appropriate that we help Douglas's friends.
The other charity we have chosen is Unicef. Stitchers Anon will be raising funds for Unicef alone this year (other than Holmsey's charity work). Since my grandaughter came it has reminded me how vulnerable a lot of children are in the world, and but for the Grace of God, it could be my grandbaby needing help: so we decided to support a children's charity which again, is global.
Crafting in 2016
I need to do more crafting which isn't work related.
To help me with this, I'm going to try to be a far better member of the Gifted Gorgeousness hosted by Serendipitous Stitching.
I'm also going to join in with the 2016 WIPocalypse. Not sure if it is running officially but that is what I'm going to do.
My Gifted Gorgeous projects are:
This was an RAK from Sarah at Paine Free Crafts. I'm going to stitch it one over one on 28 count.
So they have all been gifted to me: I can't remember everyone who gifted which means in future I will keep a note of who gives me what, because I feel terrible. If you gave them to me, please shout out!
And of course they will become my WIPapocolypse projects along with....
The Coven of the Year SAL
And new cross stitch designs that I'll be stitching.
I also want to crochet more and I want to finish a quilt and start a new one.
So that means organising my life timewise! I'm determined to be sensible in 2016, and achieve lots more and procrastinate a lot less!
Well, that's me done. Time to stitch methinks!!!
Have a very happy new year blessed with creativity, good health and peace!