Thursday, July 3, 2014

100 Acre Wood

Good evening gentle pepes.

How are you all doing?

I am sorry to say I've no stitching at all to show you.  I'm busy working on a new series: nearly there...so near and yet so far, and boy, am I having stitching withdrawal symptoms.

I caught up with all my blog reading...and then had a couple of days staying with a friend near Dublin, so as I gaze to the right, I see I have to play catchup again. Gosh you guys are soooo productive!

I do have some piccies to show you though.  Do any of you watch Moone Boy on Sky TV?  Well is a really funny TV series which is filmed in Boyle, a little town (in the Uk it would be a village) which is about twenty minutes from me.  And near Boyle is Lough Key, one of the most beautiful places around me.  I love it.  If you watched the Halloween episode where the boys wanted to sail into Boyle but ended up at the 'haunted' castle: that was filmed here.

First we had a little wonder around the lake.

There's a lovely walkway out onto the lake which leads to a tower so we had a good look around.



The door was locked but if  you angle the camera properly you can just about see the panelled ceiling!


Amazingly beautiful and in very good condition.

Wow, would you just look at that sunshine...

We wondered around the lake and eye spied with my little eye.....a duck!




Ooops, my mistake..sorry Mrs. Duck.  It is one duck and her very cute baby duckling!

And I do believe I spy something else.


Its a bit hard to tell......let's get a little closer.


 I do believe it's the haunted castle....but no sign of Moone Boy!

We decided it was much too cold to swim out so instead went for a wonder in the woods.  Hmmm...are you wondering about the blog post title yet?

No Winnie the Pooh here.

 

And that looks more like Casper the Friendly Ghost than an inhabitant to The 100 Acre Wood (not condoning tree vandalism: it was already there).

Ah, but what do we have here?


OMgosh..no! It can't be! It is!!!! We found Eeyore's House!!!  How cool is that???

No sign of Eeyore or his friends but if we go a little earlier next time we may just find them.

Have a great weekend everyone...and for my friends in the USA......


Happy July 4th!

8 comments:

  1. Your photo's today are wonderful... looks like a magical place.
    I would of been really excited to find Eeyore's home!... I bet Pooh was in hiding!
    I just love your American stitch... again I think, no I know... that you are very talented indeed :)
    Smiles and sunshine to you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful post about your walk at the lake. I hope you weren't frightened by Caspar, lol. BUt he is looking very friendly, isn't he? Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time away! Love Eeyore's house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the castle and gatehouse (?)... it makes my mind wander to times of old... As I sit here, going through a hurricane! Actually, it is just wind and rain, not too bad. We are not near the shore, where I think there might be flooding. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. Looks like a fun day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an enchanted place, perfect for serene contemplation and quiet moments.... simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping on and reading my blog. I love to read your comments and if you do comment, it means I can find your blog..one can never follow too many blogs!.

My Website